This page contains links to useful clinical guidelines and publications which may be helpful for liver teams to access.
- The British Society of Gastroenterology (BSG) guidelines aim to improve the standard of practice of clinical gastroenterology and hepatology and represent a consensus of best practice based on the available evidence. BSG guidelines are accredited through the NICE Accreditation Programme, which demonstrates high quality. See the latest guidelines here.
- The European Association for the Study of the Liver (EASL) also produce guidelines to support physicians, healthcare providers and patients/carers who may be interested in clinical decision-making processes for the treatment and prevention of specific liver diseases. See the latest guidelines here.
- The National Institute for Health and Care Excellence (NICE) have developed guidance on many liver conditions including chronic liver disease, hepatitis and liver cancers. You can find out more here.
- British Association for the Study of the Liver (BASL) and the BSG have created a care bundle for decompensated cirrhosis, which is a medical emergency with high mortality. Effective early interventions can save lives and reduce hospital stay. This checklist should be completed for all patients admitted with decompensated cirrhosis within the first 6 hours of admission. you can download this here.
- The Royal College of Nursing, BASL, BSG and other key stakeholders have collaborated on a publication to support a competence framework for nurses caring for people with liver disease. The publication can be downloaded here.